The Beehive Cheese brand promise is at the core of our everyday whey of life. This promise reflects who we are as a family-run company and our promise to our customers. If you have a problem with your cheese we will make it right. Our promise to you is simply this; Great Cheese, No Excuses.
This cheese is cold-smoked in small batches using local Utah walnut wood and slices of red apple. Apple Walnut Smoked has a subtle sweet and nutty flavor with a hint of smoke.
- Dark ales, straight bourbon, Scotch or a medium-bodied red wine
- Salami, on a chicken avocado sandwich, or anything with bacon
Apple Walnut Smoked is made from the milk of Jersey cows from Ogden’s Wadeland South Dairy. Wadeland’s Jersey cows enjoy 350 acres near the salty marshes, ponds and mudflats of the mineral-loaded soil of the Great Salt Lake.
- Silver Medal at the 2018 World Cheese Awards
- 3rd Place at the 2017 American Cheese Society
Unique espresso and lavender hand-rubbed cheese with subtle notes of butterscotch and caramel. Made from the milk of Jersey cows; this is a full-bodied cheese with a smooth, creamy texture. Barely Buzzed is our most popular cheese and is considered by many to be a great American original.
It’s all about the rub. Colorado Legacy Fine Coffee's produces a Beehive Blend of South American, Central American, and Indonesian beans roasted in different styles exclusively for Barely Buzzed. It turns out the love for food and artisan craftsmanship runs in the family. The owner and roaster of Colorado Legacy Fine Coffee is the brother of cheesemaker Tim Welsh.
Our unique espresso blend is then mixed with French Superior lavender buds and freshly ground onsite. The mixture is diluted with oil to suspend the dry ingredients in the rub. Rubbing the cheese produces notes of butterscotch and caramel near the rind, which find their way to the center of the cheese.
Barely Buzzed is aged in our humidity controlled facility and then moved to two different temperatures during the aging process to develop texture and flavor.
- Medium and full-bodied wines, ports, bourbons, ales, stouts and ciders
- Toasted nuts, chocolate, fresh fruits or charcuterie
- Silver Medal at the 2018 World Cheese Awards4
- 1st Place at the American Cheese Society competition in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2015
The name "Barely Buzzed" came from Andrea at Deluxe Foods in California. She was the winner of the “Name this Cheese” contest.
This spicy hand-rubbed cheese packs a heated punch as you near the rind. Made from the milk of local Jersey cows in Northern Utah, the combination of sweet creaminess and spice make it a great addition to any cheese plate.
The spice is right! Our Cajun rub was developed by local Ogden, UT chef John Dearmin using only the finest ingredients. Unlike typical Cajun rub, Big John uses cayenne pepper instead of paprika. Sorry, the rest of the recipe is top secret. The spiciness of the rub is a nice compliment to the creamy texture of the cheese. Watch out, this cheese packs a heated punch as you near the rind.
- Medium to full-bodied red wines, champagne, or a fruity wheat beer
- Chutney, preserves, shaved on a salad or melted over a burger with avocado
1st Place at the 2016 Idaho Milk Processor's Association competition
As the patriarch of the Beehive family of cheeses, Promontory is an Irish-style cheese with buttery, full-bodied texture and snappy, citrus-like fruity notes.
Promontory, as well as all Beehive cheeses, is made from the milk of Jersey cows from Ogden’s Wadeland South Dairy. Wadeland’s Jersey cows enjoy 350 acres near the salty marshes, ponds and mudflats of the mineral-loaded soil of the Great Salt Lake. The same nutrient-rich soil that feeds thousands of migrating birds, feeds the lush alfalfa that the cows love to eat.
- Medium to full-bodied red wines, ales and IPAs
- Honey, preserves, gourmet mac-and-cheese, grilled Panini with roasted red peppers
- Gold Medal at the 2013 World Cheese Awards
- Grand Champion at the 2013 & 2014 Idaho Milk Processor's Association competition
- 1st Place at the 2011 American Cheese Society
Jersey cows are the smallest, and arguably the cutest, of dairy cow breeds. Despite their small size, they produce milk with the highest protein and fat content. Higher fat and protein means the milk is creamier. This is why Beehive cheese crafts such beautifully creamy cheese.
Beehive Cheese has a passion—to return to simple, local food. Our company’s efforts to use local ingredients gives our cheese and our company a sense of place. This sense of place holds true for one of our oldest charitable partners, Red Butte Garden at the University of Utah and their mission to connect people with plants and the beauty of living landscapes.
Beginning in 2018, Beehive Cheese Company will donate 3% of the gross sales of Red Butte Hatch Chile cheese to Red Butte Garden to further their efforts to maintain a place where nature and people connect.
It makes sense for us to align with this local partner to create, support and make a difference in our community. Buy some Red Butte Hatch Chile cheese today and help us support the landscape and lifestyle we love.
Loaded with New Mexican Hatch Chiles, Red Butte Hatch Chile is proving to be one of our most popular cheeses among fans. We mix spicy chilies into the cheese which are then pressed into the curd.
Our signature rub contains dried chiles and spices which bring out floral and savory notes in the base cheese.
Hand-rubbed with local honey and Redmond RealSalt®, Seahive is a beautifully balanced treat. Made from the milk of Jersey cows in northern Utah, this is a full-bodied cheese with a smooth, creamy texture. SeaHive is shaping up to be one of our best cheeses. It is a true expression of our local flavors, superior quality and creativity.
From the land of salt and honey. Our Seahive is hand-rubbed with wildflower honey harvested from a local farm and RealSalt® sea salt. RealSalt® is harvested from an ancient sea bed near Redmond, Utah and contains unique flecks of color from more than 50 natural trace minerals.
- Hoppy ales, fruity white wines, straight bourbon
- A variety of nuts, or shaved on salads and soups
- Bronze medal at the 2018 World Cheese Awards competition in Bergen, Norway.
Leave it to the Beehive family to create another unique, delicious cheese! Teahive is a “feel good” cheese. The soothing qualities of tea and the relaxing properties of bergamot combine to produce a lovely cheese with rich fragrances of orange blossoms in April. The creaminess of this Jersey cow cheese immediately delights the palate and the complexities of the tea-rubbed rind continue through the finish.
- Fruit-forward or floral wines, pilsners, and chocolaty stouts
- Rustic Bakery Tart Cherry Crostinis, savory scones, biscuits, or marmalade
- Silver Medal at 2018 World Cheese Awards
- 2nd Place at the British Empire Cheese Competition in 2018
- 1st Place at the American Cheese Society competition in 2012
Fully Loaded is fortified with rye whiskey. Bold and spicy, with hints of cinnamon, anise, and honey. The rye whiskey imparts a complex kick to Beehive’s creamy, Irish-style cow’s milk cheese
- Enjoy Fully Loaded with salami or on a chicken avocado sandwhich.
- Pair with a dark ale or a medium-bodied red wine.