Utah cheddar made with Jersey Cow's milk
Winner of 34 major awards
This Utah original gets its name from Promontory Summit, the historic location where the Union Pacific and the Central Pacific Railroad lines linked 150 years ago.
What does it taste like?
Sweet and creamy with snappy fruity notes. We’re known for our rubbed-rind cheeses and Promontory is our base cheese. It’s simple and elegant.
Vegetarian rennet, cow's milk, this is a gluten-friendly product
- Grand Champ Idaho Milk Processors Association (IMPA) 2013, 2014, 2016 (runner up)
- 1st Place American Cheese Society 2011
- 1st Place IMPA 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- 1st Place World Cheese Awards 2013
- 2nd Place WCA 2015, 2017, 2018
- 2nd Place IMPA 2015, 2016, 2018, 2021
- 3rd Place ACS 2015
- 3rd Place WCA 2010, 2015 (x5)
- 3rd Place IMPA 2016
Trying to decide between the 12 oz or quarter wheel?
The 12-oz cut is our work horse. This one is for the for the entertainer or used in cooking. It’s enough cheese for a couple grilled cheese sammies or a party of 12-16 guests.
The 5 lb quarter wheel is perfect for large parties and weddings.
Check out our Centerfold in Cheese Connoisseur Magazine