- 1 bottle of your favorite red wine (I used Malbec)
- 1/4 cup Brandy or Pear Brandy
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 4-5 cups white grape juice
- 1 ginger beer
- 2 oranges chopped into large chunks
- 1/2 grapefruit cut into large chunks
- 2 pears chopped into large chunks
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Holiday simple syrup (recipe follows)
Holiday Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 5 whole cloves
- A few slices of fresh ginger
- Sprig of fresh rosemary
- Simple Syrup: In a saucepan add all ingredients. Stir together and bring to a light simmer. Immediately remove from heat and let steep for at least 1 hour (overnight is best).
- Sangria: In a large pitcher add fruit, brandy, pomegranate juice and simple syrup. Muddle together and let sit overnight. Add wine, grape juice, and ginger beer. Stir together well and serve.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.